PRIME TIME COUNTRY ON-AIR/APD/MD OPENING – WQDR Raleigh, NC
WQDR-FM is seeking a talent who is a self-starter, possesses a strong desire to get things done, and knows how to have fun! To be considered, you must:
- Have a minimum of three years of full-time on-air experience, plus production skills
- Be passionate about connecting with listeners via social networking, vertical video, etc.
- Be sales-friendly and eager to participate in street marketing
- Have FUN at what you do, and spread that inside and outside of the building
- Cultivate sincere relationships with listeners on-air, in the local market, and through social media
- Be creative, imaginative, inquisitive, and have strong communication and organizational skills
Your #1 focus will be creating compelling content for a prime on-air daytime slot and backing that up with great engaging social content. As an Assistant Program Director & Music Director, you’ll be involved with all facets of the radio station and work in tandem with the PD, promotions, and sales to create and execute effective promotions and support the daily operations of the station. As Music Director, responsibilities will include music scheduling so experience with Music Master is a plus but not a deal breaker.
Format experience is not required but you must be ready to embrace the music and country life group. If you can check all the boxes, we want to hear from you.
The Raleigh-Durham area is booming and constantly ranked at the top of lists for best places to live, eat, drink, etc. We are home to 3 major universities – NC State, Duke, and UNC and some of the fastest-growing companies and communities in the country. We’re two hours from the Atlantic Ocean and two hours from the Appalachian Mountains. This is a great place to live, work and play whether you’re single or raising a family.
Qualified candidates should be creative, imaginative, inquisitive, and have strong communication and organizational skills. Please send your resume and air-check to Mike Biddle, WQDR Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
WQDR is owned and operated by Curtis Media Group – an equal-opportunity employer.