Are you a listener-focused, team-oriented, quality-driven on-air talent excited about delivering excellence in local radio for listeners, clients and colleagues? If so, we may be looking for you!
Foothills Radio Group operates KICKS 103.3, WJRI 100.5/1340 and Classic Hits 104.5/1080 serving the Catawba Valley including Caldwell, Burke and surrounding NC counties. We are looking for a positive and energetic professional to join our successful programming team. Our AM Show Host/Local News Manager will:
- Represent our stations/company with professionalism, integrity and courtesy at all times
- Professionally engage with listeners and clients during on-air shift, at events/remotes, and in the community
- Be a creative and collaborative member of our programming/production team
- Assist with voice tracking opportunities on multiple stations/formats
- Gather, record & produce daily weekday AM news & afternoon news update for broadcast and/or podcast
- Maintain news/programming records for I&P reports
- Update news and other content as requested on website & social media platforms per company, legal and regulatory requirements
- Maintain personal compliance with industry regulations & applicable laws
- Attend regularly-scheduled staff and training meetings
- Assist leadership and business services team with developing creative advertising & promotions to meet client & organizational goals; assist with recruitment/development of client relationships as requested
- Enjoy planning, resolving challenges and working in a fun and fast-paced team environment
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Have reliable personal transportation and be willing to reside within 30 minutes/25 mile radius of stations for call
If you love local radio and its positive impact on communities; having fun and cultivating positive professional relationships with clients, colleagues and leaders, this may be the career opportunity for you!
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of three years broadcast radio operations/programming experience preferred. This is a full time position with some evening and weekends required.
Send your resume to Kimberly Edmisten, General Manager, Foothills Radio Group, P.O. Box 1678, Lenoir, NC 28645.
All replies are kept confidential.
Foothills Radio Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or other legally protected status.