Timing is everything. Doors open and close all the time. Our door is now open for you as WPTF AM/FM and WPTK AM/FM has an opening for an experienced, top-performing sales’ professional to join our sales team.
News Radio 680 WPTF AM/FM programming features some of the most influential voices in radio today. We do not take a liberal or conservative position. We are people who love America who care deeply for North Carolina.
WPTK AM/FM, known as “Just Right Radio”, blends music from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and early 80’s in a music mix that’s, “not too hard, not too soft…it’s just right.”
The primary job responsibility is to create and develop revenue by working directly with local business owners and advertising agencies. Our solutions-based selling approach is designed to help businesses grow and receive a return on their investment through effective advertising.
Applicants should have prior outside sales experience, energy, enthusiasm and a passion to succeed.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 2+ years sales experience. Prior experience in the media industry is not required as we are confident in our ability to train and coach the right candidate.
- Strong communication skills with an outgoing personality
- Writing ability is a plus
- Interest in marketing and helping local businesses grow through effective advertising
- Computer skills to create written proposals
- The ability to make client presentations
- Contacts and relationships with local businesses and community leaders
Salary Range: Based on talent level and experience
You might be surprised how your knowledge, background, drive and contacts apply in this position. Send your resume to: WPTF General Manager, 3012 Highwoods Blvd. Ste. 200, Raleigh, NC 27604, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curtis Media Group is proudly independent and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Job Location: Raleigh