Curtis Media Group has an immediate opening for a Full Time Local News & Event Content Producer in Goldsboro, NC for the goldsborodailynews.com.
This position will be responsible for preparing stories, taking photographs, and preparing video and multimedia material. Using social media will also be an important component of this position. This position includes local news, entertainment, education, event, and other relevant local content. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess effective writing skills and be familiar with social media. Candidate should also be able to cultivate solid relationships with leaders and other community sources.
- Must live in or willing to relocate to Goldsboro, NC
- Writing content for Goldsborodailynews.com
- Interviewing local & regional community sources
- Work on deadlines
- Photographing and videoing local events
- Using social media to keep readers informed and involved
- Posting content to Goldsborodailynews.com
- Will cut short news reports to be played on all CMG Goldsboro radio stations
- Work closely with the sales leadership on seasonal unique sponsorships and potential publications
- Will work with GDN Sports Director
- Potentially direct freelance content contributors
- Any other duties assigned by leadership team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or word processing programs
- WordPress experience
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube savvy
- Photo & Video Editing
- Writing and editing skills and AP Style required.
- Ability to learn other relevant software programs is important.
- 2 weeks of Vacation Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- High Energy Work Environment
- Continued growth opportunity
Interested candidates should send resume and writing samples to email@example.com
Curtis Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Location: Goldsboro