WPTF 680AM and The North Carolina Network are currently seeking news anchors/reporters for their news and traffic operation. Full and part-time employment will be considered.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting a minimum daily story count
- Writing in a style that delivers a complete story in 30 seconds or less
- Ability to collaborate with news anchors to prioritize coverage
- Working a rotating weekend schedule
- On-call availability for breaking news
- Posting to social media platforms
- Working traffic desk as needed after appropriate training
- Working station’s board as needed after appropriate training
Position requirements include the following:
- Can do attitude
- Insatiable personal appetite for news, not just on the job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in use of audio editing software and remote broadcast equipment
- Must be a team player who can and will follow direction
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
If you want to be a part of North Carolina’s Outstanding Radio News Operation (AP 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014), submit your resume, cover letter, air-check, writing samples and references to Rick Martinez, VP of Information & News, firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Curtis Media Group is proudly independent and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Raleigh