Triangle Traffic Network seeks a part-time traffic anchor and producer. TTN is the Triangle area’s premiere source for accurate, timely, dependable and professional traffic information. This position is based out of TTN’s Raleigh-Durham traffic studio.
Requirements of the position include:
- Delivering timely and accurate traffic reports to affiliate radio stations.
- Assisting with traffic information gathering by regularly monitoring scanner traffic and Department of Transportation traffic cameras.
- Communicating effectively with assignment desks, colleagues, emergency agencies and other resources.
- Demonstrating extensive familiarity with local highways and traffic patterns.
- Working well under pressure and contributing to a positive work environment.
- Performing other related duties, as required.
The successful candidate will have at least one (1) year of previous on-air experience. An associate’s or higher degree in communications, journalism, broadcasting or a related discipline is preferred. In addition, preference will be given to candidates who possess Spanish language proficiency and/or familiarity with Adobe Audition software.
Availability on holidays is required. Occasional weekend shifts may also be required. This is an hourly position, staffed during morning and afternoon drive times. Availability during both drive times is highly preferred.
Please send demo and resume with at least three (3) references to Nancy Ginger, Director of Human Resources, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: 3012 Highwoods Blvd., Suite 200; Raleigh, N.C. 27604. No phone calls, please. Curtis Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females & minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Location: Raleigh